Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jason Taylor returns to the Dolphins for chump change

Jason Taylor's newest step has him back where he started. The dancing linebacker signed a $1.5 million, one-year contract Wednesday with the Miami Dolphins.

Taylor played his first 11 seasons with Miami before being traded a year ago to the Washington Redskins -- a fallout from his stint on the TV show "Dancing With the Stars." He was released by Washington in March after one injury-plagued season.

The New England Patriots courted the 34-year-old Taylor in recent weeks, but he wanted to return to South Florida, where he still lives. He will make $1.1 million in base salary and $400,000 in easy to reach incentives.

"My heart has always been in Miami, and so I'm truly excited to call myself a Dolphin once again," Taylor said in a statement. "I was presented with a number of different opportunities, but in the end the combination of this being the best situation for my family, my love for this community and my tremendous loyalty to a great organization made this an easy decision."

Taylor made the Pro Bowl six times with Miami and was NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2006.

 

Click to read.

No comments: