Saturday, June 7, 2008

Was Paul Pierce Really Injured in Game one?

The easiest way to go down in sports history is to miraculously come back from injury. Call me a hater, but I felt that Michael Jordan's illness in the 1998 finals was exxaggerated. That same feeling overcame me when I saw Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics damn near break his leg, get carried off the court and then come back like nothing had happened.

Don't get me wrong. A man can make miraculous comebacks. Also, they have great drugs that can make the pain go away, at least for a little while. But the idea that this man can get that messed up, get carried away, return and win the game, and then come back ready for game 2 is a bit wierd.

Personally, I think Paul was trying to get himself a legacy with that injury. He might just get embarrassed.

Here is a link to the story.

No comments: