Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sportsman of the Year? Not Quite.


Sports Illustrated just announced that Bret Favre was the sportsman of the year. How cute. Yes, he's had an amazing season and he's a good guy. But he's not the sportsman of the year.



My choice for sportsman of the year? LeBron James. Nuff said. It amazes me how much media hype can lead to a person getting an award that they don't deserve. The Packers just got spanked by the Cowboys last week, yet we are choosing Favre as sportsman of the year because he is a "good guy."

I respect Favre a great deal, but this former drug addict is not exactly anyone's role model. Again, the media is amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you...Favre did make a huge comeback this year compared to last year, but I can think of many others who deserved this before him (Lebron, Romo, Brady...)