Saturday, December 8, 2007

I TOLD YOU SO


Me and my homie Graham told a lot of people that Cory Brewer was GARBAGE. Everybody talked about how athletic he was in COLLEGE. Everybody said he played good defense in COLLEGE. Everybody said he had the potential to be good all around player in the NBA. Super negative. Corey Brewer aint shit. If I have a Lottery Pick, I'm going to get a guy that for ONE has a firm grip on fundamentals. Corey cant dribble or shoot past 19'9. Secondly I'm going to get a guy thats better than my 10th man. If I had a lottery pick, he damn sure better be showing some signs of body improvement. Corey Brewer is still 6-8 185 pounds. Who at the 2 or 3 position is he going to check effectively. Kobe and Tmac are 200 plus. Hell even Chauncey Billups, a point guard is 200 pounds. Also if the T-Wolves wanted him for defensive purposes. I could get a person with Second round talent to play defense. Why waste a LOTTERY pick on a dude that has mediocre athletic and defensive capability. And I forgot to mention once again that he cant shoot. Look at his NBA Numbers for this season

G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
16 3 19.7 0.31 0.26 0.684 1.2 2.7 3.9 1.3 0.8 0.4 0.69 2.40 4.6

Now lets look at his Summer League Numbers and you tell me how much he sucks and the reason why I'm not surprised for this season's numbers

G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
5 5 30.8 .281 .222 .840 2.4 7.2 9.6 3.0 0.6 0.8 4.00 3.00 11.0


Thats horrible for a lottery pick. If I was a GM, I wouldnt rely on that tricky word called potential because its burned us time and time again. Look at names like KWAME "Jordan made me cry" Brown, Michael Olowakandi, Jonathan Bender, Samaki Walker and the list goes on. The T-Wolves couldnt suck any worst right now. They gave up KG in order to get 3 good players(Bassy, Al Jefferson and Gerald Green). In the future draft somebody thats at least better than you're eighth man.

3 comments:

Malik said...

Interesting to keep an eye on: Corey Brewer has started the last 2 games, played over 30 in each, and had 18 (!) rebounds in one and 11 in the other.

Also, both games, the Timberwolves were in a position to win in the closing seconds. Against Atlanta, they lost on a buzzer beater by Joe Johnson... and then BEAT Phoenix!

I think that Brewer's energy and ability to get rebounds and push the tempo in the minutes he's now getting is one of the keys to how the T-Wolves are playing.

Are you still completely convinced that he's "GARBAGE"?

Also, there was some sort of misprint on your post -- you accidentally referred to Gerald Green as a good player. Hey, typos are part of writing, right?

Daunte Henderson said...

He's gotta show me more than 2 games, so I'm still convinced that he's garbage and a half. Gerald Green hasn't done jack shit since he's been in the league, BUT I do think he will be a beast one day. I'm riding with Gerald. That wasnt a misprint.

Anonymous said...

Ain't Brewer still kinda young? Maybe we can give ya boy some time to get better?