Saturday, December 8, 2007

My response to Shaq's Rant


''If I'm taking 20 shots a game, and I'm only making two, then you can say my production is going down,'' O'Neal said. ``But I'm still shooting 60 or 65 percent from the field. So they've got to find better ways to get me the ball. It should be simple.'' -Shaq in an interview with the Miami Herald-

It worked a few seasons ago. The Miami Heat were able to play that same inside-out game and it worked because Dwayne Wade was healthy and getting every call in the phonebook, Shaq was playing a higher level and your role players were better.

NOW.......its time to retire Shaq. As the most dominant center in the history of basketball(No disrespect to Wilt, I just have'nt seen you play). Shaq you need a break. Go find a new wife, a personal trainer and work on your rap career like Ron Artest. I know you're not happy with the type of touches you get, but youre not playing that good right now. You could easily say that the Heat arent getting you the touches you need to get. You are shooting 60% on 10 attempts per game, but why would I give you more attempts if you're not in shape. You might get winded trying to score. Also how much effort does it really take to get you the ball? It "shouldnt" take that much but knowing that two or 3 players usually crowd you when you get the rock would deter me from passing to you at this point in your career. You're not that same Shaq who would take the whole team with you and score Now. You dont look like the The Big Diesel running up and down the court, you look like the Michelin Man at times. I see flashes of dominance but I havent seen much to validate you being paid that amount of money. I think you're a great player whose body has been beat up supremely over the years.

You need to retire.

No comments: