Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Was Bobby Petrino a Coward?


I just watched one of the ESPN analysts, Sean Salisbury, a guy that I don't even like very much, lay a verbal ass-whoopin on Bobby Petrino, former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. In case you didn't hear, Petrino took over the Falcons job right as his super star was being indicted on dog fighting charges. Some say that he was disappointed to lose Vick, I say that he was just keeping the seat warm and clear so that he could draft Brian Brohm, the hot shot quarterback out of my hometown of Louisville, KY.

Anyway, the season was an absolute disaster, culminating with one of the most embarrassing and depressing appearances I've ever seen on Monday Night Football. Between the woeful commentary about Michael Vick, the empty stands and the pathetic play on the field, you thought you were watching your own child's funeral.

The very next day, Petrino ran off like a broke baby's daddy, abandoning the Falcons to take a job at The University of Arkansas. All I could say was "Damn." That's exactly what he did to my Louisville Cardinals.

The ESPN guys really let him have it, calling him a coward and letting his potential recruits know that he is the kind of guy who will bail when times get tough. I agree, it was pathetic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why Arthur Blank is portraying this jilted lover role.....now he knows what Louisville's AD felt like last Jan. Why did he think he was so special? Like having an affair with a married person....what makes you think they won't cheat on you??

Anonymous said...

Damn, that was deep and cold. But I agree 100%. They all are a bunch of scandalous losers and deserve whatever they get.